Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 47 of Marriage

   One of the biggest days in a person’s life is arguably their wedding. It’s what little girls daydream about. It’s what young men wring their hands over. Fathers dread and cherish that day, and mothers pine over it.
   I recently experienced mine. My wedding day.
   And it’s over.

   You spend months (for some women, years – try to imagine THAT), planning, designing, delegating, stressing and losing sleep over your wedding. It truly is a huge deal!
   And yet it’s over in less than 24 hours.
   I have been a married woman for exactly one month and eight days. That is incredible to me. The one day I worried about the most, was most anticipating, and was probably the biggest event to happen to me yet – it’s gone.
   I could write this whole post about all of my planning details. How I did everything, what I hated, what I loved, blah, blah, blah, but right now, I’m just trying to comprehend this day being forever in my past.
   Young girls, single women, dating, and brides-to-be, if there’s one thing I could tell you all, it would be this:
   Enjoy your wedding day, and make it last as long as possible.
   Don’t be spending your day fretting about this and that, getting frustrated over mis-communications. In the end, few will go noticed, and as long as there’s food, usually everyone’s happy. But seriously take in as much as you can on that day. It is gone in a heartbeat and before you know it, you’re waking up next to your best friend with some new bling on your finger, and you won’t believe where the day went.
   Spend your wedding day with your best friend. Gaze into his eyes without breaking away, kiss him shamelessly, and dance till you give yourself some nice blisters for your honeymoon – don’t regret a moment of that day.


   I’ll post some other helpful tips at another time, but for now remember – life is short, each day is even shorter, even your wedding day. Don’t waste a moment and enjoy it in the best way you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment