Thursday, September 1, 2011

Autumn, Fall, and other things related to the former

   So as I'm sitting here, surfing the world of Internet, I discovered something only a true child at heart could love. Three words:
Adult. Candy. Necklaces.
   And by "adult" I don't mean... that kind of adult, I mean out of the kiddie table, into the big chairs adult. Just maybe you too will be filled with a passion to create a masterpiece, loved by few, judged by many, and yet something we could all enjoy if we were a bit more open-minded.
   So it's September.
   Already?
   Sorry to disappoint. It seems as life goes on, time just spins by faster and faster.
   But there are some things to love about fall. Want to hear some of my favorites? You know you want to...
Leaves
   Obviously one of the most loved and noticed things about fall is the beautiful, colorful leaves. Floating gracefully through the air to find their grave in the earth, seen for only a short while because they disappear beneath winter's snow...
   Well that was a bit dramatic. Moving on...
Candy. Corn.
   The regular kind seems to be more of a summer thing. And it's cool. I mean, I like me some corn on the cob. But candy corn...
   I like candy. And in corn form, it just takes everything to a whole new level. Those ghosty Peeps are pretty delectable too.
Pumpkin stuff
   You can do so many things with pumpkins. Carve them, bake them, take pictures of them... They are just so versatile! You can wear stuff with pumpkins on it, make pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls (my personal favorite), bake pumpkin seeds, carve a scary face on one, set it at eye level and have a staring contest (this is not so silly as it sounds. It is actually very hard to keep a straight face with a pumpkin staring with googly eyes at you), and so much more!
Corn mazes
   So maybe it's a bit hypocritical for me to choose these, because, in all honesty, I haven't been through a corn maze in like... years. But I still love them. Unfortunately my hopes and dreams of doing one of my favorite fall activities are every year, crushed, do to some circumstance not suitable for corn mazing. But every year I still hope that this year might be my year to live my dream... because nothing's more fun than getting stuck in rows of corn for hours, right?
The clothes
   Fall is my time of year. Because I get to wear my favorite combination of clothing ever: skinny jeans, boyfriend cardi, Hobbits. If I could wear just that year round, I'd be the happiest person alive. I'm still convinced that I need another cardigan or two, and I REALLY need a new pairs of Chucks (mine have a huge hole and aren't even close to the original color), but I make do. A simple tee or tank underneath and VOILA! Perfect. Outfit. I'm also convinced I could use another pair of Blowfish booties just because they are so darn adorable. 
    See? How could you NOT love those shoes? (I have ones similar to those, but they're purple and black plaid)
   Of course there are TONS of other things I love about fall: hoodies, campfires, discount Halloween candy...
   I could go on. But I won't.
   Happy Thursday!
Cheers♥

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Emily!

    Great post. Don't you just LOVE fall?
    Anyways, I feel so bad because your amazing email to me is still sitting at the bottom of my inbox, read (many times)... yet not replied to. But I wanted to let you know that it was so good to hear from someone, and to actually get some details about stuff other than, "its good down here." :)
    The baseball game sounds like it was great, and I wish I couldve been at the baptism!
    Thanks again for keeping me updated and for your sweet comments on my blog. Can't wait to see y'all again. We'll hopefully be back in the next couple weeks :D

    -Natalia
    P.S. -- would you mind passing it on to Carly and Casey that I did not make it to nationals (they'll know what I mean :) ? Thanks!
    P.S.S. -- did you get your first issue of the Girlz 4 Christ magazine? You'll have to tell me what you think! Okey doke, my work here is done ;)

    ReplyDelete