Monday, November 7, 2011

Won't Let Me Go

Listening to: Won't Let Me Go, Addison Road
Reading: Immanuel's Veins, Ted Dekker

 via

   Okay, so I'm a tad bit excited to summarize yesterday. In fact, I think I may do two posts - one for the normal fun stuff, and another for the amazing fun stuff. This will be the normal fun stuff post ;)

   Church was really good. In Sunday school, we've been doing a course by D.A. Carson, and he's really fantastic. This Sunday, he really helped me understand the whole reason for Jesus' sacrifice and how it all worked. I mean, we all know the reason, but I think sometimes the whole process and what exactly God did and what exactly it accomplished isn't always made clear, and is sometimes overlooked. I just found it really interesting and really put things in perspective. The course is called The God Who Is There if you're interesting in going through it!

 via

   I also got a cool, personal experience in how God can work. I think sometimes I can say "Oh, yea, God did that. He helped me through this and that" but sometimes in the back of my mind I don't really believe it.
   Well, an issue involving my youth group was really heavy on my heart. Like, I was sick to my stomach and constantly thinking about it. It really wasn't that serious and I couldn't understand why I was so anxious over it. I thought I was just being me, the person who worries and freaks out about everything. I tried to reason with myself, but when that failed and after I had prayed that God would slap some sense into me, and He didn't, I gave up and said "Well God, maybe you have some really amazing reason why I'm having a panic attack over this. Maybe sometime you wouldn't mind showing me what it is?"
   So I messaged a friend and explained the problem and how I really felt we needed to address it. Well, she agreed with me (I think I was a bit nervous that she was going to disagree), and set up a meeting with the Leadership team and our pastor. We met, got things at least in the process of being settled, and hopefully God will work everything out. But then God showed me something pretty cool. Another friend commented during the meeting that this was all brought about because God had laid a burden on me and my two friends' hearts all at the same time. We'd all been troubled with this. I had talked to my one friend, then she had talked to the other and we all felt the same! I was just amazed because God revealed why I was having anxiety attacks over this - we were all burdened with the same problem, and it was really good that we did address it because it could have caused some worse problems if not addressed. So yea - God is awesome :)

   I also had a Bible study afterwards. It was really cool because there were quite a few more girls there than last time, and it's always wonderful to study God's word with other Christian women. And we made rice bags after! These are those bags (usually a pretty fabric) filled with rice (or corn), and sometimes essential oils or potpourri that you microwave to warm and stick around your neck, hold in your hands, set in your lap or whatever! Mine was scented with apple essential oils and smells lovely :) I was even able to sew the fabric almost entirely by myself (I was so proud of myself. Especially after all the technical difficulties with the sewing machine, and getting the pedal stuck under the table, causing the machine to continue sewing after I took my foot off... that was confuzzling).

Cheers♥

No comments:

Post a Comment